YADAPP is an inspiring program for both adults and youth. Throughout the year, Adult Sponsors are key in assuring the implementation and success of your team's STAN Plan. Here are some tips to keep the momentum going through the year:
- Encourage Participants to apply to be Youth Leaders for the next conference.
- At the beginning of the school year, consult with your team and schedule regular meetings. Discuss the importance of accountability and follow through.
- Review the STAN Plan and set incremental goals. Be sure that your expectations are realistic. It’s great to be ambitious but remember that it’s OK to adjust your plan to ensure its execution.
- Celebrate the team’s incremental successes.
- Act as a connection between the team and school and community administrators. Expanding the support network will help the team stay on track.
- Challenge students to recruit classmates to build “critical mass.”
- Conduct an inventory of student interests and skills and assign responsibilities accordingly.
- Share statistics, testimonials and stories that illustrate how the team can make a powerful positive impact.
- Establish a friendly rivalry with YADAPP teams from other parts of the state. Keep in touch with them and use positive peer pressure to compete for the most successful STAN Plan.
- Begin identifying Participants for next year’s YADAPP team.
Once your team's STAN Plan is complete, ensure the STAN Plan Final Report (SPFR) is submitted by July 1. The SPFR is a crucial tool to collect data needed for evaluation. It also serves as your team’s submission for the prestigious Wheeler Award.